Thursday, July 30, 2015

Think-Ahead Thursdays

It's official, summer is O.V.E.R. Not the season of course, because it is still hot as blue blazes around here, but I have traded in my yoga pants for real-people clothes. At least for the next 10 months.
I am excited about having a routine and some structure, meeting my sweet new class, and reuniting with my fabulous co-workers, but I'm sure going to miss my sweet three each day.

I mean, look at this guy. Melt. My. Mama. Heart.

And I will miss these two sweet sisters and watching them play and color together for hours on end.



So this post is more like a "I'm Thankful I Thought ahead Thursday" because I'm back at work and we are starting to use our freezer meals.

I am going to cook some chicken enchiladas for a friend who just had a baby.

I will cook and shred my chicken over the weekend, so putting them together and making them will not take lots of time. I'm using the recipe off of the back of the can of green verde enchilada sauce. Easy peasy - but really yummy. Of course, I'm going to make three batches - one for us to eat fresh, one for my friend, and one to freeze.

I'm also going to make the Garden Veggie Soup again because I have lots of fresh squash, tomatoes, and zucchini that a sweet friend gave us from her garden. Plus, that soup turned out AMAZING.

Back to life. Back to reality. Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment