Thursday, July 16, 2015

Think-Ahead Thursdays

Last week, I posted my thoughts Proverbs 31. My goal was to encourage all of you superwomen out there as you care for your families. I was overwhelmed at the number of texts, calls, and responses. So many tired mamas were telling me that they needed a scriptural reminder that through the piles of laundry, the sleepless nights, the sweeping of crumbs, and the drying of tears, that we are needed. We are valuable. We are being used to do mighty work in the kingdom.

In my efforts to help make your load a tad bit lighter, I am going to post my meal plans each week. I normally plan my next week's menu on Thursdays. I will try to post them each week, but this may turn into an every-other week post as life gets crazy again in August. 

Please feel free to come and snatch up these recipes each week. I can't take credit for any of them - I am just compiling all of my pinterest searches in one place. :)

If you read my last post, you will see that I only cook three days a week, and I have an "extra meal" for Russ' lunches. Below is next week's plan:

Tuesday - Grilled Chicken Strawberry Salad (grilled chicken, spring mix, strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, pecans, with a light strawberry-walnut vinaigrette)
Thursday - Salmon and veggies (I just season with brown sugar and garlic, and either bake or grill)
Extra Meal - Garden Veggie Soup 

*I order several low-sodium ingredients from HeartHealthyMarket.com
*I'm making lots of soup this week because they are easy meals to double and freeze.

We can do this, mamas.

In the meantime, does anyone know how to get vaseline of the carpet? This silly guy had a field day with a jar of it... 






No comments:

Post a Comment