Saturday, June 27, 2015

Summer Goals

Summers come and summers go and with each one my Type-A personality takes over.

I've always had a list that consumes me until each item is checked off or marked through. I often will write down something I've already done, just for the thrill of marking through it. Don't judge me. 

This summer, I made no weekly-goal sheet. My plan this summer is to do one-thing: enjoy my kids. 


Having a child born with a scary, life-threatening heart condition, has really put things into perspective for me. Will has been such a blessing to our family because he gave me a chance to enjoy having a baby just one more time, and to really enjoy it all. Because I have two older children, I realize how quickly that first year passes. So, I haven't followed the rules with him. 

So what if he sleeps in my bed? 
So what if he takes a paci for way too long?
So what if I don't read a book to him every night? 
So what if I just sleep beside him instead of mopping the floors? 
So what?? 

Is he not the cutest?!?

That is why there is no written list this summer stuck to the fridge. 

I do have a few goals and I will share them below, but if they do not get finished because we had too many pajama days or lazy days at the pool... So what! 

Summer Goals  Want-To's:

-I want to try and clean out 10 bags of stuff. I was encouraged to do this from a fellow blogger/auburn buddy/super mom, but the idea of 20 bags in 20 days would force me to a list. So, 10 bags for the summer it is...maybe.

-I want to try and spend a few minutes during Will's morning nap doing "school" activities with the girls. This will be (maybe) its on blog post. So far, this has been very successful and surprisingly very enjoyable for the girls.

-I want to try and start prepping my freezer for August. That's another post, too. I need low-sodium, gluten free, non-cardboard meals. Don't laugh, I'm serious.

-I want to memorize Romans 12. I'm halfway there. I've been convicted about the lack of scripture I know...really know, so this is a true summer goal that I really want to accomplish.

-I want to start blogging again! Check!!!!

-I want to get lesson plans for the first month done before school. I'm laughing as I type this because that is always a summer goal and has never happened in ten years. A girl can dream, right? 

What are your summer goals? I would love to know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment