Saturday, September 10, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

You are going to want to make this. Right now.

I saw this on Pinterest about a week ago and I've probably thought about it everyday since. The only reason it took me a week to make it was because my life is beyond hectic right now and the recipe calls for chopped oreos and chopped Reese's cups. Well, I barely have time to pee during the day so I knew that I didn't have time for chopping. For those of you that know me, you know I'm not a "chopper" anyway. I buy everything I can precut, even if it costs me.

A friend of mine has been having a hard time so I decided this would be the perfect dessert, so I made a few changes to eliminate any chopping and we had ourselves one incredible dessert! Plus, it made two pies instead of one dish!






Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
2 Oreo Pie Crusts
8oz Cream Cheese (softened)
16 oz Cool Whip (thawed)
1 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 cup cold milk
1 package instant chocolate pudding
crushed oreos (if desired)
Semi-Sweet chocolate chips
Peanut butter chocolate chips

Mix cream cheese, peanut butter, and 1 cup sugar until smooth. Fold in 8 oz of the whipped topping. Spread on bottom of pie crusts. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips (just use as many as desired). Mix remaining 1/2 cup sugar with milk and pudding. Fold in remaining 8 oz of whipped topping. Spread over the chocolate and peanut butter chips. Top with crushed oreos if desired.  Place in freezer or fridge until set.

Ya'll, this was seriously yum. I took the first pie to my friend and froze the other one. I was planning on saving it until Sunday to have as my sweet treat, but I just had to try a small bite. It was worth it. It was grand. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment