Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blog title...why?

Okay, so it took for forever...meaning 3 days, to decide on a blog title. I went back and forth from a few different titles, but continued to come back to this one in hopes that it might minister to you the way this scripture touched this little heart of mine.

Well, I adore Karen Kingsbury novels. They are easy reading and quite cheesy, perfect for me! My husband says they are like Christian lifetime movies, but I like lifetime movies too, so yes, I'm a sucker. Well, in the last story I read,  Beyond Tuesday Morning, the main character is devastated by the loss of her husband in the September 11th attacks. She can't seem to find the strength to move on until one day she is reading her husband's Bible and comes to this scripture:

19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the LORD your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the LORD is your life"... Deuteronomy 30:19-20a


Ever since then, I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. I've been asking myself the question, "what does it mean to choose life?" I've already accepted the Lord as my savior, in what practical ways can I really choose life? John 10:10 tells us that the Lord came so that we may have life and have it to the full!  Does it mean putting my money in a savings account, or giving it away so others can simply eat? Does it mean putting household duties aside to snuggle with my little ones? Or is it bigger? Is it changing jobs? Changing homes? Changing outlooks? While I don't yet have the answer, I do believe the Lord is asking me to just live my life in a way that honors him without getting bogged down in things that really don't matter. For those of you that know me, I can and often do let the "to-do's" of the day rule my life: clean house, bills, work duties, schedules, meals, etc. And while those things are important, they are not what gives me breath! I don't want to miss the little things. I want to see the little blessings in my life and be truly, truly grateful for them.

Speaking of little blessings...let me share a few of mine!
Here is my little family that I'm so incredibly grateful for! 
Lyla Spring Crawford - 5 months old and the sweetest surprise we've ever received! 
Lily Rain Crawford - 22 months and our FIREBALL! She is so much fun!

We were recently very blessed to go on a family vacation. We would have never made it without my wonderful family and we are so grateful that they allowed us the opportunity to go and actually ENJOY a few days at the beach! Here are a few pics from that vacation:






1 comment:

  1. alison!! i LOVE your blog. thanks so much for sharing your life with us. yes, yes, yes you are to your Father's glory. piper and i still love you verrrrry much!! : ) kelly

    ReplyDelete