Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy 4th Y'all!

If you have learned anything about me from reading my blog, you've probably discovered that I love desserts. It's my thing. I sign up to bring the dessert on every occasion, and for every event.

This 4th I'm attempting a dessert I've never tried before...a three-layer cheesecake cake. Boom. Call me Betty.



I found the recipe from Recipe Girl. I cheated a bit and bought a box cake (gasp!) for the red and blue layers. I found this red and blue velvet mix from Duncan Hines and I just thought this would save me an enormous amount of time and sanity.



Before you give up on me, I added a few things to spice up the box cake so I wouldn't feel like a complete failure as a wannabe baker. And I did make the cheesecake using the recipe in the link. So, there.

Beefed Up Box Cake:

-Box Mix
-3 eggs
-1/2 cup butter, melted
-1 cup of water
-1 tsp almond flavoring

I snagged the above recipe from one of my favorite bloggers of all time, Cara Carroll. She has an adorable teaching blog and store on Teachers Pay Teachers, but her at-home blog, Pearls, Handcuffs, and Happy Hour, has lots of good stuff too. In fact, I feel like Cara and I are good friends. I just wish the feeling was mutual. Check her out.

If you do not want an in-depth recipe for your 4th, consider making this Star-Spangled Pie. I've made it several times since my original post, and it is always a hit.




No comments:

Post a Comment