Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summatime!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my! How sweet is summertime?!

Well, for those friends of mine that have a regular 'ol job...sorry! Yes, I will rub it in your face. You can remind me of this when I'm complaining in August. But I will revel in these 8 weeks of pool and pajama days.



The girls and I have started our summer off right. We've spent almost every morning either at the park or at the pool. Then we all come back home for lunch, a nap, and a project. My goal is to tackle our home room by room, week by week, and get some things done around here. This week my focus is the kitchen. It took me fours yesterday to go through each cabinet and throw away the unused and unnecessary. Anyway, for those of you that need to do the same thing at your house, I recommend the room-a-week plan. It seems a little less overwhelming that the idea of the whole house.

I will be spending quite a few days at the school as well. In my blogging absence, I was told, yes told, that I was moving to 3rd grade. I've taught 2nd grade for 7 years and have loved it, so moving to 3rd is a bit bittersweet for me. I'm excited about the challenge ahead, but as stated before, I'm not a fan of change. I'm trusting that each step is directed by the Lord and He knows and sees more than I understand.

On another note...

As you know, I bake for therapy, and then quickly deliver the goods so I don't interrupt the progress from my early morning workouts. My dad's birthday was this past weekend which gave me the excuse to bake away! I made two pinterest recipes that turned out delish! I'll share those below. I also have a recipe for oreo cheesecake that will be coming soon. It received rave reviews, and since I've made three of them in the last two weeks, I figure it is worth sharing.

Strawberry Lemonade Cake

This is a PERFECT summertime cake! Not only is is yummy, but it really turns out to be a pretty cake when decorated with fresh sliced strawberries. The frosting has everything it needs with marshmallow fluff, cream cheese, lemonade, and sugar! Yes, please!!! I am posting the recipe below, but know that I added 1/3 cup of powdered sugar to my frosting so it would be thick enough to ice the whole cake and not just be a filling. It was easy and good! Make it!!


I also made these little Brownie Roll-Ups that were pretty easy and a big hit with the kids. My nephew even said, "Alison, these are amazing!!" All ya need is a box of fudge brownie mix and some frosting and a little bit of patience. :)

Here is the recipe from one of my favorite blogs:

I hope your summer is off to a great start! Hopefully in between my projects, and the pool, I'll find some time to post a few recipes during my break. Until then, try these!!

No comments:

Post a Comment