Thursday, October 27, 2011

It's The Little Things In Life

It's the little things, the everyday, ordinary blessings that I am thankful for.

We are on Fall break from school. I am thanking Jesus above for these two days. I wasn't sure how much longer I could go without a break. I was beginning to see sides of myself that I don't like due to frustration and exhaustion, so these two days were perfect to say the least. 

I've enjoyed being in my PJ's without any plans and doing things that I miss on a daily basis  - feeding my girls their breakfast, laying them down for naps, getting them dressed, having more than 17 minutes to prepare dinner, being able to go to Target and look, not run in and out, but look, having lunch with Russ, reading a magazine, and NOT pumping. The list could go on and on, but I've enjoyed every minute of my fall break. I can't wait to actually have a Saturday where I'm not sticking my girls in front of the TV (don't judge me) so I can clean my bathrooms, or waiting for naptime so I can go to the grocery store, or waiting for bedtime to write lesson plans. Sigh. 

We are moving slow these two days. We don't have a darn thing planned. And we are loving every minute. If you're a mama that gets to do this everyday, please don't take it for granted. You have the hardest, but most incredible job in the world. 

Please check out this video of my sweet Lyla. She discovered the joy of playing catch today. PLEASE ignore the drums in her room. Russ has a new adventure. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment