Saturday, September 3, 2011

Summer's Slowly Slipping Away

Slowly is an understatement. It's still a gazillion degrees here, but the mornings have a wee bit of a cooler feel to them and I'm loving it. I'm not one of those that wishes the seasons away. I like and appreciate all of them for what they offer, but it's just factual that it's been hot for a while, school has started, football is being played, so I know that fall is coming. Slowly, but surely. In fact LR and I walked on the porch the other morning and even she noticed the change. She commented, "Mommy, it's not hot out here isn't it?" PS - I love that she is figuring out how to really have a conversation! "Isn't it?" is at the end of most of her questions and statements these days! So fun!

In honor of the last few days of summer, I made a completely guilt-free dessert. Let me make a disclaimer that there is a lot of sugar in this pie, but it is simply from the lemonade and it makes two pies, so like I said, COMPLETELY GUILT FREE! At least that is what I'm telling myself. :)

Fat Free Lemon Pie
8oz FF cream cheese (softened)
12 oz FF cool whip (thawed)
1 can FF sweetened condensed milk
1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
2 tablespoons lemon juice (this is optional, but I really like my pie to be tart)
2 FF graham cracker crusts

Mix the ingredients together and place in TWO pie crusts. Freeze the pies until set.

Note: You can make the full fat version and you don't have to freeze them. The fat-free ingredients turn to mush for some reason if left in the fridge or sitting out. I'm not sure the reasoning for that, just trust me.

Another note: My grandmother has made these using Crystal Light lemonade and they were very tasty as well, but the crystal light leaves a weird taste in my mouth, so I went for the real deal on lemonade.

My favorite way to eat this is with diced fresh strawberries. Yum!!

Enjoy these lemon pies and your last few days of summer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment