Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fabulous 4th!

We had a fantastic 4th of July! I love it when holidays fall on a weekday. The hubs gets an extra day off and it feels like Saturday all over again! We started our celebration on Sunday morning. My oldest nephew, Ben, got baptized. I am just so incredibly proud of him. I pray that he spends his life seeking after the Lord with his whole heart. I'm so proud of his parents, too, for leading him and pouring into him. It was exceptionally special because he asked Russ to do the dunkin'! Russ was beyond humbled and it definitely touched his heart.

We spent the afternoon with my family for our annual "fish fry". It was filled with good food & family....just can't get much better!









We started our 4th off right with a big breakfast. I made hearty whole wheat waffles (recipe below) and they were incredibly easy and delish! Even LR said they were "so good waffles". I originally got the recipe off of cooks.com.




After breakfast, this party of 4 went to the parade! LR enjoyed it (or at least all of the popsicles) and Lyla got hot and fell asleep.









We spent the remainder of the day with family and took in the fireworks after the girls were both way too tired! :)

I hope your fourth was filled with family, friends, and fun!

Hearty Whole Wheat Waffles
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar (you can substitute this with honey or even applesauce)
1 egg
1 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Mix and pour into your hot waffle iron. It makes about 8-10 waffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment