Saturday, November 28, 2015

Let's Give Thanks...

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever.” Psalm 118:1

So very much to be thankful for…

1. The gift of being a mom. In the past few years, I have seen a great number of dear friends struggle with infertility. I cannot imagine the intense pain that struggle must bring, and today I am thankful that I am a mom.

2. My kids. There are no words to adequately describe the joy they each bring to my life. They are unique, special, exhausting, and exhilarating, and I am grateful for them. They fill my days with purpose and push me to be better.

3. My job. Although there are days when I think it may literally send me to the grave, it gives me great satisfaction. I am passionate about teaching, and my students. Each day is new and different, and I can honestly say “I love what I do!”....It also allows me summers and holidays with my kids, which no other job allows. 

4. My husband. He is selfless, loyal, and genuine. He wakes up before the rest of us to meet with Jesus so that he can be prepared to lead our family. He has overcome so many obstacles in this life and gives glory to God for it all. He is an amazing father and he allows me to go to grocery store each Saturday….alone….and never complains.

5. Hot Coffee.

6. Uneventful days. This time last year we were waiting on the phone call to determine the day of Will’s heart surgery. I can’t remember anything about last Christmas. I honestly don't remember putting up the tree, Christmas events, or even Christmas morning. Everything was a fog and today I am grateful for uneventful, lazy, non-stressful days.

7. Friends. I am grateful for the friends in my life who don’t try to fix my problems but will simply listen, and constantly keep me laughing. 

8. Great parents. No explanation needed. I have amazing, self-sacrificing parents.

9. Great teachers and amazing babysitters. My anxiety and sanity are in a better place because of these people who love on my kids. 

10. A cozy, warm, small-enough-to-clean-myself, home. 

The list could go on and on for days. Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment: