Thursday, March 22, 2012

New Adventures

I've never been much of an adventurer. I like for my days to be planned out. I make lists and I want them checked off by the end of the day. Mr. Crawford, on the other hand, couldn't be more of an adventurer and it makes for a good match...most of the time. :)

We celebrated seven wonderful years of marriage this past weekend. The Mr. took us to the most peaceful little place, Serenbe Farms. A friend of mine at work recommended it, and I wasn't sure what to except. I'm not a "farm girl" to say the least. But, good golly, I could move to this farm and never look back. Well, as long as someone else is managing the farm and I just get to look at it.


This is a picture of the restored farmhouse where we slept. This is not us, its a google image. :)


This is a picture inside the restaurant where we ate. Everything was made from scratch and all organic and natural...so good!

For us, this little retreat was only 40 minutes away through a backroads trip. We stayed in a restored farmhouse and ate the most incredible food that was grown and harvested right there on the farm. There is even a little community that self-sustains itself through the use of the gardens. Russ made us a warm fire and brewed coffee in the morning and it was glorious to be able to sit by the life, drink an entire cup of coffee, and read through scripture...quietly.

We talked about our sweet girls the entire time and both were ready to get them by noon the next day, but I can't tell you the last time I drank an uninterrupted cup of coffee, or had a quiet meal with my husband. It was much needed and I am thankful for the opportunity to slip away. I am so thankful for Russ. He isn't perfect, but he truly takes on the challenge from Scripture to "love your wife as Christ loved the church" (Eph. 5:25). He is a godly man and leads our family to walk closer to Jesus everyday. He's a keeper. :)

On another note, I started taking and selling an incredible new product, ViSalus. I met a wonderful gal at the gym who is extremely "fit" and she told me about this product. I watched a few videos about all of the nutrition packed into a single serving and I knew that I would love to add that to my daily routine. I was very skeptical at first, thinking that it might be just another protein shake, but I'm telling you, I have NEVER felt better in my life. I have so much energy at the gym, at work, at home, and I was turned into a believer within a week. The program encourages you to set a goal and take a "90-day challenge". My goal...a six pack! I've never had one, and I want one...BAD!

I was so pleased with the program that I decided to begin selling it myself, which has turned into a blessing for our family. I told you all in my last post that I was starting to work out 5 days a week before work and I can proudly say that I have stuck with it. Now, in combination with my ViSalus shakes, I am truly seeing changes and differences in my body and my energy level.  We have a group of teachers at school that have joined with me and in the first two weeks, our little group lost 19 pounds and over 19 inches!!! Isn't that amazing? If you are interested in seeing these same results or adding a whopping amount of energy and nutrition into your day, please visit my website http://www.alisoncrawford.bodybyvi.com/ Watch the video "What do I take" and it will show you all of the goodness in just one shake! If you would like more information, please don't hesitate to fill out the form on the site. I can even mail you a sample to try!

Because of my challenge, I'm really cleaning up our meals at home and trying to come up with healthy dinners that are as yummy as they are healthy. Well, I've got a recipe for Mexican Chicken Spaghetti that I think you will love. What I love is that it fed our family of four for THREE days!! We even had guests over on the first night and they raved about it.

Mexican Chicken Spaghetti
3-4 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
1 package whole wheat linguine (cooked and drained)
1 bell pepper, diced
1 onion, chopped
One small (I don't remember the ounces) package of 2% Velvetta - cut into cubes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Mexican rotel
1 can cream of mushroom soup (fat free)
Garlic

Saute your onions and peppers. Add your garlic to taste. Add the rest of the ingredients except your linguine. Once everything is mixed well, add your linguine and let it simmer for about 30 minutes on med-low. I served this with corn and a small salad. I can say it was even tastier the next day.

I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment